Sandwich with bacon and basil
Today we are going to show you a new recipe: toast with bacon and basil. It takes no longer to prepare than a couple of fried eggs, but this recipe will make your break that bit different, and will put you in a good mood. As always, you can play with the ingredients as you wish. We'll tell you how to prepare them, but feel free to experiment.
The crunchiness of the toast and the bacon, along with the softness of the peppers and the yoghurt make this twist on toast particularly tasty. Basil has lots of flavour, and goes well with fried bacon and the light flavour of sun-dried vegetables.
- Bread for toasting - 4 slices
- Bacon - 4 slices
- Basil - 1 sprig
- Sun-dried tomatoes/peppers - 1 cup
- Plain yoghurt - 3 tablespoons
- heat a pan without adding any oil or butter, and fry the pieces of bacon. For convenience, we cut the bacon into small pieces with scissors. In place of the bacon you could also use salami - chorizo, for example - and fry on both sides until a thin crust forms.
- put the bread on, making sure that it is well toasted.
- While the bread is toasting, roughly chop the basil.
- Once the toast is done, spread half a slice with the plain yoghurt.
- Now lay the pieces of bacon and the peppers or tomatoes on top.
- Finally, add a generous handful of basil and cover with the other half slice of toast.
Snack is served.