Crostini with whipped Feta
Delicious crostini with whipped Feta for a tasty summer snack!
- 1 baguette or artisanal loaf of bread
- 8 ounces (250 g) feta cheese, crumbled and at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (2.6 oz, 75 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 handful of basil leaves, sliced in ribbons
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 1 lemon, zested
- Slice and toast the bread in the toaster #Smeg50style.
- Whip together the feta and cream cheese in a food processor until fluffy and homogeneous (about 3 minutes).
- Spread the whipped cheese mixture on a toasted slice of bread.
- Top with tomatoes, basil, a swirl of extra virgin olive oil and lemon zest.