STEAM OVEN QUINOA AND SHRIMP
For the shrimp: Shrimp, shelled and deveined • 1 shallot, finely chopped • 1 inch ginger, peeled & finely chopped • tablespoon parsley, chopped • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder • 1/2 teaspoon paprika • 2 tablespoons lemon juice • 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the quinoa: 1 cup (180g) quinoa • 2 cups organic vegetable broth
For the zucchini slaw: 2 zucchini, ends cut off • ½ cup (110g) Greek yogurt • 1/4 cup parsley, chopped • 1/4 cup basil, chopped • 1 tablespoon chopped chives • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped • ½ teaspoon salt • 1 tablespoon lime juice • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil • Zest from 1 organic lemon
For the additional toppings: Avocado, peeled and sliced • Lime wedges • Chives
- In a small bowl add all of the ingredients for the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator.
- Pour the quinoa and vegetable broth in a flat pan with raised sides. Insert it on rack 1 in the Smeg steam oven. Steam at 212°F (100°C) for 12 minutes.
- Insert the perforated pan, add the shrimp mixture. Continue steaming at 212°F (100°C) for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, attach the vegetable slicer and grater equipped with the thin grater to the Smeg stand mixer. Position the bowl of the stand mixer under the vegetable grater. Insert the zucchini and grate at speed 5. Add to the bowl: Greek yogurt, parsley, basil, chives, garlic, salt, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and lemon zest. Stir well.
- To serve, divide the quinoa in two bowls and top each with the zucchini mixture, avocado, shrimp, lime wedges and chives.
Recipe by ItalicanaKitchen.