Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
> 3 cups (330g) cups almond meal
> 1/4 (1g) tsp salt
> 1/2 tsp (3g) baking soda
> 1 tsp (2g) cinnamon
> 1 tablespoon (12g) chia seeds
> 2 tbsp (45g) honey
> 1/4 cup (50g) melted coconut oil
> 1/2 cup almond milk
> 3 eggs
> 1 cup (150g) fresh blueberries
> 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
> 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter or spray the mini muffin pan.
- Add the following to the bowl of the Smeg stand mixer equipped with the whisk attachment: almond meal, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and chia seeds. Mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
- In a separate bowl mix together: honey, coconut oil, almond milk and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of the stand mixer and whisk on speed 4 until just combined, about 10 seconds. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and mix in the blueberries with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, mix together the raw cane sugar and cinnamon.
- Fill the greased muffin cups until full. Sprinkle with a little of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2-3 months.
Recipe by Italicana Kitchen